sold together or individually as presented below
LOCATION: BISTRITA & PIATRA FANTANELE
Bistrița is a town founded by settlers of German origin who came from Luxembourg and settled in the valleys of the Somes and Bistrita in the twelfth century. Following the tradition of older documents Bistrita is indirectly certificated as a city since 1222. The craftsmen and the merchants of the city had played an important role in strengthening the fortress town that was mentioned in a document dated 1438. The Evangelical Gospel Church from the Central Square is a Gothic building of the fourteenth and fiftteenth century, renovated between 1560-1563 by master Petrus Italus of Lugano in the Italian Renaissance style. Of the southern side of the church is the oldest carved stone slab from Transylvania dated from medieval times and in the northern side of the church is the highest medieval church tower in Romania.
The legends and the history of this city have probably inspired Bram Stoker the writer who imagined the action of his novel Dracula in this area and offered an exciting adventure that has sparked the imagination of the readers of the twentieth century. This has inspired the owners of the subject hotel to operate the second hotel offered in the package in Piatra Fantanele.
On the European road E58 between Bistrita and Vatra Dornei that connects the two Romanian historical regions Transylvania and Bucovina (also a major tourism destination) there is Piatra Fantanele the imaginary place of Bram Stoker's castle. Not very far away there is Colibita lake another trending Romanian destination.
1. HOTEL COROANA DE AUR
keys TOTAL: 97
stars/type: 4* hoTEL
BUILT sqm: 2113
LANDPLOT SQM: 3889
PARKING PLACES: 16
- The hotel opened for the first time in 1974 as best hotel in town. In 2014 the hotel went through a major refurbishment process and received 4 stars from the tourism hotel ranking authority.
- Room structure: 38 double rooms, 35 twin bedded rooms, 22 single rooms, 2 apartments.
- Other facilities:
- Restaurant with 300 places that offers multiple uses thanks to dividing walls (2 up to 5 separate spaces). The summer terrace can be closed in the winter by a glass walls system;
- Jonathan Harker meeting room with a capacity of 60 seats;
- Lobby bar with 30 places;
- Pastry shop, Laundry.
2. HOTEL CASTEL DRACULA
keys TOTAL: 68
stars/type: 3* hoTEL
BUILT sqm: 4097
LANDPLOT SQM: 16576
PARKING PLACES: 80
- The hotel opened for the first time in 1983 as was meant to attract tourists exploring the Dracula story most famous places.
- Room structure: 62 double rooms, 3 tripple rooms, 3 apartments.
- Other facilities:
- Half underground there is a wine cellar type restaurant with 120 places. An additional restaurant space on 1st floor offers another 70 places while it's terrace offers 40 places. Adjacent to this 1st floor restaurant there is another space called Mina Harker offering 30 places and Count Dracula room with 10 places;
- The castle tower features a 40 places bar;
- Fabulos landscaping, sport courts;
- Own water springs capture, storage, transportation, treatment facilities.